The neurosurgical treatment of metastatic tumors involving the central nervous system is being transformed by recent advances in interactive image-guided technologies and cell-specific targeted biotherapeutics. Advanced Techniques in Central Nervous System Metastases presents the research and developments being incorporated into clinical practice.
Advanced Techniques in Central Nervous System Metastases covers:
- The current treatment of brain metastases
- Metastases of primary CNS tumors
- Craniotomy for single and multiple cerebral metastases
- CNS involvement by systemic malignancy in children
- Cranial base surgery for invasive carcinomas
- Interactive image-guided techniques for the biopsy and resection of metastatic cerebral tumors
- Use of the free-electron laser for metastatic brain tumors
- Gamma knife radiosurgery
- Endovascular treatment
- Decompression and stabilization of spine metastases
- Plus much more!
(Distributed by Thieme for the American Association of Neurological Surgeons)