More than 80 complex cases in a streamlined format
With more than 80 complex spine surgery cases and its streamlined case example format, this is an ideal clinical reference for the professional practice. The authors outline the patient presentation, radiologic findings, diagnosis, and treatment, followed by a discussion, to help you quickly master the thinking behind planning complicated spinal procedures.
- Organizes cases in an easy-to-follow manner perfect for the busy practitioner and resident
- Covers challenging cases arising from a broad spectrum of causes, including traumatic, inflammatory, neoplastic, infectious, and degenerative
- Includes more than 180 images and illustrations, such as MRI and CT scans, myelograms, angiograms, x-rays, and intraoperative photographs
- Discusses the technologies pertaining to bone morphogenetic protein and percutaneous spine surgery to help the clinician remain at the forefront of the spine field
- Covers surgical treatments of unusual disorders, including Klippel-Feil syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, dysplasia, arachnoiditis, ankylosing hyperostosis of Forestier and Rotes-Querol, thoracic arteriovenous fistula, and achondroplasia
This text is a must for orthopedic surgeons, spine fellows, neurosurgeons, neurologists, pain management specialists, and residents seeking the most up-to-date information and the underlying principles in the most demanding cases in spine surgery.