The foot has a special place in musculoskeletal diagnosis due to its complex anatomy and because many similar symptoms can have different causes, each requiring a different approach to treatment. The evaluation of foot disorders and diseases requires close clinical–radiological correlation and communication with foot experts. Foot disorders and injuries increase with age, due in part to the rising popularity of recreational sports in all age groups. Diagnostic Imaging of the Foot and Ankle will help you train your eye to recognize disorders and diseases of the foot and ankle, including those that are often misdiagnosed or overlooked.
- By practitioners for practitioners: First-hand knowledge from leading surgical and orthopedic foot experts and radiologists
- Clear and concise: A textbook and reference in a user-friendly layout focused on the foot and ankle
- Uniform format: Entities are described by definition, clinical presentation, imaging modalities, typical imaging features, differential diagnosis, treatment options, course, and pitfalls
- Clinical aspects and treatment: Clinical–radiological correlation plus a concise review of treatment options
- The new standard: This information on the foot and ankle is available nowhere else in such a condensed form
- Highest quality images: More than 500 superb illustrations including high-resolution images acquired with high-field MRI and multi-channel coils