This authoritative and up-to-date reference is a complete guide to the basic science, diagnosis, testing, and treatment of facial nerve disorders and diseases. An international team of renowned experts, put together and headed by the book's two specialist editors, provide in-depth discussion of facial nerve topography and physiology, as well as the broad spectrum of infectious, inflammatory, acute, chronic, benign, and malignant diseases related to facial nerve dysfunction. The book is filled with practical evidence-based information, guidelines, and algorithms presented in uniformly structured chapters, allowing readers to quickly pinpoint key details for treating a specific disease or disorder.
- Pertinent topics including facial nerve trauma, Lyme disease, postoperative facial nerve palsy, face transplant, adjuvant treatment with botulinum toxin and fillers, facial dystonia and facial spasms, and the psychological and medicolegal aspects of facial nerve care are covered
- Step-by-step descriptions provided for facial nerve repair and reconstruction, static and dynamic reanimation techniques for adults and children, evaluation and treatment of paralytic eyelids, and more
- A wealth of clinically relevant information, including tips and tricks, and pitfalls to avoid in everyday practice
- More than 260 images and 16 videos (accessed through the Thieme MediaCenter) help visualizing and comprehending the content
- Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter offer an overview of scientific work on the topic
With current perspectives from leading experts, valuable clinical tools and advice, and coherently organized chapters, Facial Nerve Disorders and Diseases: Diagnosis and Management is a single-volume source for the state-of-the-art in facial nerve care. Specialists and residents in otorhinolaryngology, maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, neurology, and rehabi