It's your job to do the learning - it's our job to make it easier!
This book serves as a simple review of selected general surgery topics in outline format. The illustrations are exceptionally good, displaying sufficient detail to depict the important anatomy without unnecessary distractions. -- Kevin Helling, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Covering all the main topics and latest operative techniques, General and Visceral Surgery Review is a compact, highly structured review book designed to maximize your study time for the medical residency board exams. It pinpoints only the information you need to master the exam—enhanced by highlighted key words, summary tables, outline lists, and sidebar notes that make understanding and retention fast and easy.
- Succinctly covers the major areas in general and visceral surgery—anatomy, etiology,disease patterns, symptoms, diagnosis, and therapy—with a focus on "what you need to know" for the exam
- Provides nearly 200 instructive surgical descriptions and clear operative illustrations
- Includes state-of-the-art minimally invasive and fast-track surgical techniques
- Breaks topics into concise, digestible chunks of information that facilitate quick memorization
- Offers targeted information that is comprehensive but not excessive—does not overload you with extraneous material
Optimally structured, clearly presented, and packed with helpful study aids, this book is the go-to companion for all students and residents specializing in general and visceral surgery and preparing for the medical residency board exams. It is also useful as a general study aid and a distillation of key points in conjunction with larger, more detailed texts.