Refresh and update your knowledge on all new therapeutic techniques!
Rapid advances in identifying the epidemiology, physiology, and genetics of glaucoma have led to dramatic developments in diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. This new text offers you concise coverage of every major clinical breakthrough, as well as the basic science needed to thoroughly understand all manifestations of the disease. It is written by a "who's who" of international experts, who share their tips and techniques in every information-filled chapter.
Benefit from these special features:
- Key discussions of the pathophysiology of the disease, as well as the pharmacologic mechanisms of different drugs and their efficacy
- Valuable diagnostic decision diagrams that lead to quick and accurate decisions
- Helpful pearls, pitfalls, and special considerations that offer guidance in specific situations and show how to avoid problems and complications
- Nearly 300 superb, full-color illustrations that depict the distinguishing features of each entity
- Inclusion of such cutting-edge material as "neuroprotection", and several other new topics
Whether you are an experienced practitioner needing a quick review or a resident learning a topic for the first time, Glaucoma: Science and Practice is packed with essential clinical and scientific information. Here is the timely, current, and practical resource you need to understand the complexities of glaucoma and provide optimal patient care.