Clear guidelines for diagnosis and management
Thieme congratulates Michael G. Stewart on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious Best Doctors 2018 list.
Here is the first comprehensive overview of head and neck trauma for the otolaryngologist and head and neck surgeon, with important implications for the oral, maxillofacial, and plastic surgeon as well. From technological improvements in fracture plating to advances in surgical approaches and three-dimensional imaging, this book covers key topics the treating physician must know.
- Emphasis on the multidisciplinary nature of head and neck trauma -- with contributions from experts in otolaryngology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, ophthalmology, thoracic surgery, general surgery, and radiology
- Evaluation and management of challenging eye trauma injuries
- New facial reconstruction and plating techniques
- Management of common dental and dentoalveolar injuries
- Foundation-building sections on the complex anatomy of the ear, temporal bone, and facial nerve
- Multiple instructive diagnostic images
This is an essential book for all trauma specialists, and an excellent learning tool for the resident or fellow-in-training. Complete and concise, it puts the clinical facts at your fingertips for managing any type of head and neck trauma -- soft tissue, bony, blunt or penetrating, nerve, otologic, ocular, or vascular. Your professional reference collection is not complete without it.