A practical hands-on manual for surgeons of all levels, the Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis, Third Edition is a crucial guide to managing fractures using the minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis technique. Expanding on the foundations set by the previous editions, this new issue will be of substantial value to any surgeon, boosting excellent fracture healing and functional outcomes, while minimizing complications.
The minimally invasive surgical techniques are presented in a systematic, case-based format covering fractures of the upper and lower extremity and pelvic/acetabular injuries. This new third edition provides step-by-step coverage on managing a broad spectrum of injuries from acute fractures to nonunion/malunion. While a single case can be approached through various methods, this new book seeks to impart fundamental guidelines and indications for applying minimally invasive procedures.
New third edition focuses on:
- General principles in minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis
- Clinical and radiographic evaluation
- Decision-making and options
- Preoperative planning
- Surgical approaches
- Tips and pitfalls to avoid complications
- Postoperative rehabilitation
Key features include:
- Contributions from 68 expert surgeons from 14 countries
- More than 50 cases on a comprehensive range of fractures
- More than 487 high-quality illustrations and 2647 images