Neurosurgical Treatment of Movement Disorders is a state-of-the-art book designed to give the reader an overview of treatment strategies for movement disorders. Ablative and restorative surgical procedures and technical advances in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and surgical techniques for the treatment of hyperkinesias are presented in detail.
Neurosurgical Treatment of Movement Disorders covers:
- Describes the classification, pathophysiology, pathology and clinical presentation of movement disorders
- Reviews the current medical treatment of movement disorders
- Defines the current indications for surgical treatment
- Appraises the technical aspects of surgical procedures used in the treatment of movement disorders
- Identifies the limitations and advantages of these techniques
- Develops a multidisciplinary approach to treatment