Orthodontic Postgraduate Education: A Global Perspective
Orthodontic Postgraduate Education: A Global Perspective is the first book of its kind to report on the global educational environment in orthodontics and review the structure and function of postgraduate orthodontic programs in different parts of the world. It begins with an overview of the history and current state of orthodontic education, and then describes the academic, clinical, and research components of orthodontic specialty programs in Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, and Oceania. The book also provides useful facts about the organizational aspects of orthodontic board examinations.
- Presents key details on the curricula of postgraduate orthodontic programs around the world, allowing for direct comparison of various programs
- Includes updated guidelines on accreditation criteria for international, national, and regional professional organizations and scientific societies
- Lists all major objectives for postgraduate orthodontic education and orthodontic specialty recognition
- Addresses the educational roles of new technologies, professional development, scientific journals, and research in postgraduate orthodontic education
- Features a self-assessment guide for internal evaluation based on previous published work
- Offers a true global perspective with chapters authored by a multinational team of leading experts
This book contains a wealth of valuable information for any dental student considering application to a postgraduate orthodontic program. It is also a thorough and up-to-date resource for orthodontic faculty, researchers, and organizations seeking knowledge on the policies and trends in contemporary orthodontic education.