Proven and effective orthopedic therapy techniques for musculoskeletal disorders
Orthopedic Manual Therapy presents a systematic, step-by-step guide to manual therapy for disorders of the extremities and spine. Readers will find detailed examination and treatment techniques, the newest scientific and clinical advances, and updates on pain physiology, biomechanics, neurodynamics, and the biopsychosocial model of disease as the foundation for manual therapy.
- Describes every procedure in well structured, logical sequences of assessment, classification, and intervention, including core questions for patients
- Covers examination and treatment of all joints, from the toes to the shoulder girdle, with new information on the sacro-iliac joint tests, as well as additional new techniques for the wrist and the hindfoot
- Provides more than 500 full-color, step-by-step photographs that illustrate every technique for treating functional disorders of the locomotor system
- Explains the important topic of arthrokinematics (movement of the adjacent joint surfaces) and its role in the mechanics of manual therapy
- Offers a practical documentation template for recording each articulation and communicating findings to colleagues or physicians
- Access to 20 instructive videos on the Thieme MediaCenter that demonstrate procedures in real-life clinical situations
Complete with case studies, checklists, and study questions, this practical, didactic book is ideal as both a textbook and a reference. Students and practitioners of physical and manual therapy will find it essential for gaining the knowledge and decision-making skills to treat any musculoskeletal disorder related to posture and movement.