Learn from the experts with this hands-on guide to the latest tumor ablation modalities and techniques
Leading authorities on percutaneous tumor ablation come together in this volume to provide a complete overview of everything physicians and other health professionals need to know to successfully implement and administer an image-guided ablation service.
After an introduction to the protocols and attendant physics of ablation technology, concise organ-based chapters focus on a wide range of both straightforward and atypical cases to teach readers how to handle the unique clinical and technical challenges associated with percutaneous tumor ablation in different areas of the body. Succinct, step-by-step descriptions complement high-resolution images throughout to illustrate the nuances of each procedure.
- In-depth guidance on the advantages and drawbacks of various cutting-edge ablation modalities, including radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation, cryoablation, and irreversible electroporation
- Numerous examples of difficult cases and advice on how to mitigate complications
- More than 500 high-quality images document the cases and showcase all currently available ablation systems and probes
- Practical chapters address practice building, patient selection, the pre- and post-operative care of high-risk patients, and more
- Narrated videos on an accompanying DVD demonstrate state-of-the art tumor ablation equipment and procedures
This must-have clinical reference will develop the technical and clinical tumor ablation skills of every fellow and practicing physician in interventional radiology, oncology, and surgical oncology.