Water in Organic Synthesis is essential for the organic chemist in helping gain a thorough appreciation of the latest and most reliable available methods for using water in organic synthesis. It illustrates how water can often be a viable and green solvent in the laboratory and provides a detailed introduction to the subject: background information, evaluated methods, practical applications, industrial applications, special techniques, and an overview of the latest trends. The reference work also helps in inspiring chemists worldwide to find new approaches and techniques for the application of water in organic synthesis.
- Comprehensive overview of a rapidly progressing field
- Critical review of aqueous reactions by 47 experts
- Covering almost all types of organic reactions
- Including special techniques with water and industrial applications
- Emphasis on environmental aspects